Cats/missing kittens and odd mom

Hi my cat had 5 kittens 2 and a half wks ago, this morning they have disappered and mum is acting odd, i have searched high and low and cant find them, nor are they making any crying noises as normal,could she have killed them and eaten all 5 they were big kittens?  

how weird.
I really don't think she has eaten them, this is not something cats do.

I don't know what to suggest, she may have decided to take them away somewhere. if she can get outside she may have moved them outside. Keep an eye on her and watch where she goes, it is unlikely that she has abandoned them.

Kate Tilmouth

I can answer most day to day cat problems encountered by owners. I have a good understanding of cat behaviour and problems which may arise from changes to their daily routine. I can advise on cat training including litter training and general day to day cat care issues. I am not a vet and therefore cannot answer medical questions.

I run my own cat website at and have been a dedicated cat owner for over 20 years. I have encountered many different cat problems and situations and feel that i have a good understanding of cats and cat ownership.

I am a platinum member of Ezinearticles where i write mainly cat related articles.

Educated to High School level and have since worked for many years in a customer support based environment, gaining vocational qualifications.