Cats/naughty cat!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Question
I OWN A 2YR.OLD NEUTERED TOM.FOR THREE MONTHS I HAVE TOOK IN A FERRAL WHICH I HAVE TAMED.I HAVE HAD HER NEUTERED ASWELL.A COUPE OF WEEKS AGO THE TOM HAS STARTED TO BITE HER WHEN PLAYING.HE WAS FINE WITH HER TILL THEN.I TREAT THEM BOTH THE SAME.THE TOM IS NORMALLY VERY PLACID PLEASE HELP

Answer
Hi
your male is not being naughty he is making sure that your female cat knows whose boss. It also depends if your tom cat was socialized properly when he was with his mother. This is when they are taught by their mother about how to play , hunt etc. Some cats miss out on this and are then unaware of the difference between being too boisterous and playing.
I have some information regarding aggressive behavior between cats on one of my webpages, i will post the link below. If it simply a matter of learning to play softer, you could try making a loud sound when he starts to bite your female cat. If this is done every time it happens then he will learn that this is not a good experience and hopefully stop it. Are you sure he is hurting your female cat and it's not just play biting? Sometimes it can look very real.

Here is is my page about aggressive behavior, it may be able to give you some more information. :)
/aggressive-cat-behavior.html

Kate

Cats

Kate Tilmouth