Cats/Not been for a number 2

I have had a new kitten for nearly 3 days, she didn't really eat for the first day but had some kitten milk, she is now eating much better but hasn't been for number 2 yet, is this normal, or is she constipated?

Hi i wouldn't worry just yet. Often cat constipation can be caused by stress and getting to know a new home can be quite stressful. It may also be that they just don't need to go yet especially if they haven't eaten that much. As long as they are still drinking that is the important thing. Watch to see if their stomach becomes extended or if they are straining at the litter tray.
I have written a page here about cat constipation which might give you more of an idea as to what to do.

Kate Tilmouth

I can answer most day to day cat problems encountered by owners. I have a good understanding of cat behaviour and problems which may arise from changes to their daily routine. I can advise on cat training including litter training and general day to day cat care issues. I am not a vet and therefore cannot answer medical questions.

I run my own cat website at and have been a dedicated cat owner for over 20 years. I have encountered many different cat problems and situations and feel that i have a good understanding of cats and cat ownership.

I am a platinum member of Ezinearticles where i write mainly cat related articles.

Educated to High School level and have since worked for many years in a customer support based environment, gaining vocational qualifications.