Cats/scratching!

Question
I have a 2 yr. old female Siamese.  She scratches and licks so hard she's getting bumps and losing hair.  She's had fleas in the past, and I've treated her with the drops on the back of the neck.  But checking her this time with the flea comb I can find no fleas ... in fact, I'm fairly certain she's been flea-free for the better part of a year.  What can be making her itch so badly, and what can I try that will help her?  Oh, and she's strictly and indoor cat ... eating Purina and Meow Mix Indoor formulas.  She doesn't eat many table scraps, and doesn't like most canned foods either.  So her diet is pretty much all dry cat food.

Answer
Hi
this sounds very familiar to me as my cat was the same, flea free but was scratching herself like mad. we took her to the vets and discovered that she had been bitten by something which she had an allergic reaction to. This can also be caused by chemicals in the house or even food, so the best advice is to get her checked out by the vet to see if it is an allergic reaction o r a form of skin disease like eczema.

Kate
/cat-hair-loss.html

Cats

Kate Tilmouth