Cats/sheding fur

my cat "max" shed all year around and real heavy. is that a bad thing? and is there a way to stop it?

no it is normal for a cat to shed all year round although it usually heaviest during the spring.
No their is nothing you can do it a natural occurrence. the best thing for you to do with a long haired cat is to brush them every day with a special cat comb or brush. This will remove the loose fur closest to the skin and will prevent matting.

Kate Tilmouth

I can answer most day to day cat problems encountered by owners. I have a good understanding of cat behaviour and problems which may arise from changes to their daily routine. I can advise on cat training including litter training and general day to day cat care issues. I am not a vet and therefore cannot answer medical questions.

I run my own cat website at and have been a dedicated cat owner for over 20 years. I have encountered many different cat problems and situations and feel that i have a good understanding of cats and cat ownership.

I am a platinum member of Ezinearticles where i write mainly cat related articles.

Educated to High School level and have since worked for many years in a customer support based environment, gaining vocational qualifications.