Cats/stuffy nose

If the cat has a simple cold or a little infection, how can we get the right medicine without having to pay $100 to get a $5 remedy for a simple cat flu? What does anyone else do? Suggestions?

If a cat just has a simple cold the only thing you can really do is allow the cat some quiet time in a warm place and make sure they have plenty to drink. the main problem occurs if they become dehydrated. There is no need for medication unless it is severe flu in which case the vet is the only option.

Kate Tilmouth

I can answer most day to day cat problems encountered by owners. I have a good understanding of cat behaviour and problems which may arise from changes to their daily routine. I can advise on cat training including litter training and general day to day cat care issues. I am not a vet and therefore cannot answer medical questions.

I run my own cat website at and have been a dedicated cat owner for over 20 years. I have encountered many different cat problems and situations and feel that i have a good understanding of cats and cat ownership.

I am a platinum member of Ezinearticles where i write mainly cat related articles.

Educated to High School level and have since worked for many years in a customer support based environment, gaining vocational qualifications.