Cayman Islands/police clearance

how long is a police clearance valid for after it's been issued?

According to the regulations (at

In submitting this form you should enclose the following (where applicable):
 Police Clearance Certificate
A certified and signed police clearance certificate with respect to the prospective employee and
their dependent spouse, if applicable, from their home district or last place of residence and
issued within six months preceding the date of application. (Note: prospective employees and
their spouses who are nationals of the United Kingdom and who were resident there six months
immediately prior to coming to the Cayman Islands may submit a sworn affidavit attesting to
good character in lieu of a police clearance certificate. United Kingdom nationals who have been
living elsewhere must submit a police clearance certificate from that country).

Hope this helps!

Cayman Islands

Robert Clark

As I have relatives on the island that I visit regularly, I have good knowledge of the island from both a tourist and a residents point of view.

My Cayman FAQ includes information on the following topics:
Weather/Hurricane information, Immigration entry requirements, Customs regulations, Employment/jobs/residency in Cayman, Getting married in Cayman, Importing food into Cayman, Golf, Legal age to..., Bringing cats and dogs into Cayman, Internet access, Car rental, Public transport, Electricity/Water/Telephone systems, Nightlife, Currency/Money and Cayman for Cruise Ship passengers

If you can't find your answer there, please feel free to e-mail me your question at