Cayman Islands/cayman islands airport

I have a question-I would like to know how the airport is structured. When the plane lands, does it connect to terminals or do the passengers have to walk down stairs. Do the hotels in Cayman serve American type foods or international foods.

Hi Christopher - Thanks for your question.  The airport is partly open air partly under A/C.  The planes pull up to the terminal and you have to walk down the airstairs onto the tarmac.  I actually really enjoy this, makes it feel more "islandy".  However, if there are folks that need help, wheelchair services, there are gate agents on the ready to assist with getting up/down the stairs.  

The hotels serve all types of food, american, caribbean, jerk, cajun, french, spanish, etc.  You can get an awesome steak or buffalo wings!  In my opinion, the best restaurant on the island is The Wharf.  Open air dining on the water!  Outstanding food, atmosphere and service.  

Hope this helps!  Enjoy your vacation!!

Cayman Islands

John Gump

I have spent months in Grand Cayman during 15 separate trips there and have come to know and love the people of this great Island. I used to be an owner of a condominium on Seven Mile Beach. I can answer questions about Grand Cayman including: - traveling to/from the island - hotels, restaurants, food in general - dive shops, dive sites, equipment purchase and repair - recreation including sight-seeing, tours, tour operators, beaches - cruises to Grand Cayman - Rum Point, Cayman Kai, Georgetown, East End, West Bay I cannot address questions related to Cayman Brac or Little Cayman

Throughout 15 visits to this island, I've accumulated months of time living there in a condo I used to own right on Seven Mile Beach.

B.S. Case Western Reserve University