Cayman Islands/work in Cayman

Hello John! I.m looking foward in november to go in Cayman to get a job there during the season.I.m 25 years old i work as a bartender , and i don.t know how to do this .Should i apply for a permit work first( but all the forms aplication have to be fill by me and a employer,wich i didn.t find yet ) or to go straight there find a job and after my eployer will help to sort out all the parer work.I am from romania(union Europe) so i do not need a visa to get there >Thank you for your time

Hi Catalin - thanks for your question.  The rules are strict around non-Caymanians getting jobs in the islands so I suggest you go to the website below and start there.  You may end up needing to contact the government for whatever forms you'll need.  To get a job there it takes you and your employer to make it happen.  You may want to search the internet for job boards to see what openings there as well.  Hope this helps!

Cayman Islands

John Gump

I have spent months in Grand Cayman during 15 separate trips there and have come to know and love the people of this great Island. I used to be an owner of a condominium on Seven Mile Beach. I can answer questions about Grand Cayman including: - traveling to/from the island - hotels, restaurants, food in general - dive shops, dive sites, equipment purchase and repair - recreation including sight-seeing, tours, tour operators, beaches - cruises to Grand Cayman - Rum Point, Cayman Kai, Georgetown, East End, West Bay I cannot address questions related to Cayman Brac or Little Cayman

Throughout 15 visits to this island, I've accumulated months of time living there in a condo I used to own right on Seven Mile Beach.

B.S. Case Western Reserve University