Cayman Islands/Job offer teacher- Challenge with dependents

I got a job offer to teach in Grand Cayman. I am married and have two children. I was however told that my salary only qualifies me to have two dependents.I am having a challenge because I don't want to leave my husband. What are my options?

Sorry for the delay in replying, but I needed to check with a friend who understands the work permit/immigration legislation.  Unfortunately they advise that the only option would be for your husband to apply for a position on a work permit in his own right.

Cayman Islands

Robert Clark

As I have relatives on the island that I visit regularly, I have good knowledge of the island from both a tourist and a residents point of view.

My Cayman FAQ includes information on the following topics:
Weather/Hurricane information, Immigration entry requirements, Customs regulations, Employment/jobs/residency in Cayman, Getting married in Cayman, Importing food into Cayman, Golf, Legal age to..., Bringing cats and dogs into Cayman, Internet access, Car rental, Public transport, Electricity/Water/Telephone systems, Nightlife, Currency/Money and Cayman for Cruise Ship passengers

If you can't find your answer there, please feel free to e-mail me your question at