Cayman Islands/Dentistry in the Cayman Islands

Hello Robert,
I have been a U.S. Dentist for the past 31 years and am in good standing with my state, the ADA, and the Federal Government.  I am curious if the Cayman Island Government would allow me to practice there.  What stipulations would be required.  I am nearing retirement and am wanting to practice eight months out of the year on one of the Caribbean Islands; specifically the Cayman Island.
Thank you for any input,

There is some relevant information on this on the government website at,1611986&_dad=portal

The latest version of the Immigration regulations at includes the work permit fees for various jobs.  For dentistry the annukal fee is CI$13,650

There is also a recent list of health care facilites (including dentists) at

The Health Practice Commission homepage is at,7261590&_dad=portal&_schema=PORT

I hope this helps!

Cayman Islands

Robert Clark

As I have relatives on the island that I visit regularly, I have good knowledge of the island from both a tourist and a residents point of view.

My Cayman FAQ includes information on the following topics:
Weather/Hurricane information, Immigration entry requirements, Customs regulations, Employment/jobs/residency in Cayman, Getting married in Cayman, Importing food into Cayman, Golf, Legal age to..., Bringing cats and dogs into Cayman, Internet access, Car rental, Public transport, Electricity/Water/Telephone systems, Nightlife, Currency/Money and Cayman for Cruise Ship passengers

If you can't find your answer there, please feel free to e-mail me your question at