Celibacy/Abstinence/Hand practice and sex

I am a boy of 18.  I have hand practice almost every day.  Will this be bad for my married life?  What can I do to stop it because I feel that I can not.

Masturbating, which is called hand practice in some parts of Asia, is normal, healthy, and fun, and even necessary for male sexual health.  It is not harmful.  It is good for keeping your sexual parts in good working condition for when you first have intercourse.  Masturbating when you are young will not keep you from having sex in marriage and it is better for you if you masturbate than if you don't.  I agree that you won't be able to stop masturbating, so you should learn to enjoy it.

Doug Adams, Ph.D.

When it comes to celibacy/abstinence, I am more likely to point out the downside of being sexually abstinent. I don't advocate abstinence as a long-term sexual lifestyle. Abstinence is a good thing when the alternative is being sexual in an indiscreet manner, but it is a bad thing when a healthy sexual lifestyle of being monogamous with a partner is available. I frequently answer questions in the masturbation and male masturbation categories on AllExperts.com. I take all questions pertaining to sexuality.

I am a category expert in the sexuality area on AllExperts.com and have written the web site HealthyStrokes.com for over thirteen years.

I have a Ph.D. in a field unrelated to sexuality from one of the leading educational institutions of the world.