Celibacy/Abstinence/Life in Previous Ages

Question
Dear Sir,
I wanted to ask some doubts related to comparison of the dimension of time in which the earth is currently residing, called Kaliyuga or Iron age with it's predecessors (please correct me if i'm wrong somewhere).

1.Like stated in the scriptures, the were three ages before current known as Satyuga or Golden age, Treta or Silver age and Dvapar or Bronze age. I wanted to know that were these ages really superior to the cureent one in all aspects, i mean people were more cultural, generous, spiritual and everybody swore by their duties implied upon them by their castes (brahman, khstriya etc.) and followed their dharma honestly?

2.Some place it's also said that the colour of the sky was different in former ages. Like the current age has blue sky, the former ages had raktambar, shvetambar, pitambar (white, red etc.) Is it true?!

3.Some sources (both spiritual and archaelogical) say that those beings were much bigger compared to today's human. Was it due to great genetic qualities or because of fresh air, clean enviorment and healthy lifestyle with no pollution?

4. It is also said they had an unbelievably huge lifespan. One instance states that after slaying Lankesh, Lord Ramchandra ruled over the blessed city of Ayodhya for approx 11,000 years. Can this be possible?

5. Did they had to struggle more for completing their spiritual journey? Many aspirants used to spend thousands and millions of years in samadhi just to get glimpse of their diety. Was the path of self realisation really that long compared to the current yuga?

Answer
1. As per scriptures, the earlier ages were successively higher on Dharma (in terms of virtue) and lesser on Adharma.

2. Sorry, I do not have knowledge regarding the color of skies.

3. Yes, the earlier beings (both man & beast) were of larger dimensions comparatively. The state of mind, oneís actions and lifestyle all contribute to these parameters. Man today lives in a highly mechanized and gadgetized world which calls for lesser use of the body while the earlier folk toiled harder.

4. That which applies to Lord Rama does not apply to others as he was an ĎAvatarí (incarnation) of the Almighty. However, lifespans were longer earlier further to the above mentioned factors.

5. It is said in some schools that one can attain to Kaivalya (self-realization) faster in the Kali Yoga as the prescribed rules are less strict. However, it ultimately boils down to oneís past karma, present efforts and the grace of the Lord who is the director of this Leela called Samsara.

ॐ तत् सत्
(That Supreme being is the absolute truth)

Celibacy/Abstinence

Dhananjay