Celibacy/Abstinence/Sadhana & Karmic effects

Question
Namaskar Dear Dhananjay,

I want to understand if there are any affects of one's sadhana on one's karmic fruits/bearings.Are an earnest sadhak's/brahmachari's prarabdha hastened & does the eternal law/dharma aid such a sadhaka.If so how? I am supposing because of intense vairagya the hold of past impressions over the gyana sharira should lessen or annihilated thereby providing the sadhaka freedom from it's effects by not submitting to them.This I am supposing having heard about sadhanas in our yogic lore about burning off of our karmas before they manifest.

Thanks.

Answer
Honest and persistent S‚dhana results dilution of certain kinds of karma and gives the aspirant the strength to bear certain other kinds of karma which are to be experienced. The efforts applied in the practice of the Yama-Niyama-s of Yoga directly target accumulated karma which then starts to break down more rapidly. Also, as such karma works out, the aspirant becomes wiser as regards reality and this in turn makes him approach life with a more practical and correct perspective without fancy expectations (which is high in a life of Bhoga). Meditation leading to Nirvikalpa Samadhi eventually roasts the seeds of ¬gama karma (which are yet to blossom in future existences), thereby making them unproductive & ensuring that this becomes oneís last birth on the physical plane.

ॐ तत् सत्
(That Supreme being is the absolute truth)

Celibacy/Abstinence

Dhananjay