Celibacy/Abstinence/Marriage & sexuality

Hello Dhananjay,

In one of your previous questions I've read that

Sexual activity assumes righteousness when indulged with the following objectives:
1. In producing wanted offspring.
2. In creating a healthy marital bond with newly weds during the initial period of wedded life.

my question is
If a person is going to his wife once a month or once in 2 months or once in 6 months can still he be Self Realized?

1. As long as desire for the body of the opposite sex which constitutes the non-self still remains, one cannot attain to his true self (Atman).

2. A ĎBrahmagnyanií (realized soul) constantly resides in & as the Atman (pure self). Where then is the question of indulging in the body of a woman (non-self)?

Hence the need for recreational sexuality should be eventually overcome within marriage and perfect Brahmacharya established for self-realization.

ॐ तत् सत्
(That Supreme being is the absolute truth)

Questions concerning the practice of 'Brahmacharya' to know the self, & the means required are dealt with here.

The term 'Yoga' is a derivative of the Samskruth verb 'Yuj' which refers to union. 'Yoga', also called 'Brahma vidy‚' is the eternal dissolution of the individual 'Aham' (Ego) into the Atman (self) for 'Mukti' (liberation). Mere indulgence in '¬sana' or physical postures is not Yoga. ¬sana is only one limb or 'Anga' of Yoga. The eight limbs viz. Yama, Niyama, ¬sana, Pr‚n‚y‚ma, Praty‚h‚ra, Dh‚rana, Dhy‚na and Sam‚dhi are the means to Yoga. Brahmacharya or spiritually based continence is one of the important components of 'Yama'. 'Brahmacharya':- "Brahmani charyathey ithi" - "To surrender one's Ego and go with the will of the Almighty."

Bachelors degree in Engineering.