Celibacy/Abstinence/Masturbation

Question
Hi, I would like to know what I can do to avoid the terrible sin of masturbation, and I want to keep my seminal energy forever, is that a good or a bad thing?. I just want to be strong, excel at school and be great at sports, but I notice masturbation has ruined all aspects all my life.

Answer
Masturbation is normal, healthy, and fun, and even necessary for male sexual health.  I don't regard it as a sin, and not very many people do.  You can even read some pro-masturbation comments from Christian theologians at http://www.healthystrokes.com/christian.html.  

There is no such thing as "seminal energy."  Your body produces semen continuously.  The energy you would expend in masturbating is much less than that used in any kind of athletic activity.  

Males who are strong, excellent in school, and great at sports, tend to masturbate often.  You ought to enjoy masturbating instead of believing it has ruined your life or any part of it.

And there's nothing you can do to avoid masturbation if you've already started it.  It will always be part of your life.

Celibacy/Abstinence

Doug Adams, Ph.D.