Celibacy/Abstinence/Prayanama & Astma

Question
pranam dhananjay G !!
thanks for your help
as i practiced celibacy for about 6 months and then i got slipped..was a painful experience...though i am back on track..
i have 2 questions..

1 what is one aavriti of prayanama ..inhale from left then exhale from right and then inhale from right and then exhale from left ..is this is one aavriti ?

2 from past 2 months i am severely suffering from asthma..and i am in pretty bad shape..cannot even breathe properly...but cannot live without yoga..putting all my efforts to continue the practice
.. should i take medicine ? or not ? and also it is my final year for studies...don't know what to do ..if i take the medicine i can study for sometime but that will do no good in my yogic path ..as you always one should never take medicine..but this time i am seriously ill..please suggest me some path...

3 i woke up at 4 AM everyday...want to do yoga ...because i am deeply into it by the grace of almighty.. but neither i can do yoga nor i can study because my health condition and also these days my mind is not cooperating in the task..i want to do yoga .i want to study a lot..but when it comes to do action i fail myself don't know why this is happening even i am trying harder...it is like everything is in thoughts but not in action after trying so much hard..please tell why it is so....

with regards

Answer
1. Details on Pranayama are explained in past answers in the post: http://en.allexperts.com/q/Celibacy-Abstinence-3564/2011/5/Pranayama-Yoga-Brahma

2. Apply a hot water bottle to the chest, back, under the knees and below the soles of the feet when relaxing. Make a syrup consisting of mashed ginger, honey, turmeric, garlic & pepper mixed in a glass of hot water and consume the same thrice a day & before retiring to bed at night. This will give relief. Practice Pranayama with lesser counts initially but regularly with devotion to God, a yogic lifestyle and Brahmacharya. In course of time, the condition will reduce whereupon the counts in Pranayama can be increased. The problem will eventually go away after a few years of regular practice. Unbroken practice of Brahmacharya & Yoga with the utmost sincerity is the key.

3. From now on, you will surrender all your actions as a service to the Lord and persevere in your studies. The practice of Yoga & Brahmacharya will also develop momentum. You will also perform well in your exams when the above methods are honestly applied. This is the truth.

ॐ तत् सत्
(That Supreme being is the absolute truth)

Celibacy/Abstinence

Dhananjay