Celibacy/Abstinence/Brahmacharya & Samsara

Question
QUESTION: Dear Dhananjay,

I sincerely feel that for any person wishing to dedicate his/her life for ideal of Brahmacharya all his/her doubts about creation ,dissolution & purpose of existence should be vanished.I don't think many people understand the sunconscious impact it has on everyone's resolve.

"As everyone views sex act as natural & therefore harmless or worth indulging in"

For simplistic minds faith/naive answers will suffice for time being but if they were ever to be questioned deeply their faith can falter taking their Brahmacharya with them.

1)Let me add first that our scriptures & all our saints say that
naistik brahmachrya should be taken up if one is able & worthy of it.Only in case that is not possible the aspirant may pass through grihastashrama understand the nature of desire & carnal pleasures & eventually overcome them.If this is ideal advise then

a)how are we as a species supposed to perpetuate?Are their any better methods available than through physical means?
or
b)Do they imply that perpetuation isn't at all necessary(many saints & seers have been naistik brahmacharis).

Pls note I am talking about idea/suggestion here & don't expect a reply like this won't ever happen as everyone can't adhere to strict celibacy.

2)Having heard the argument that purpose of sex act is only to bring forth heavenly offsprings I would like to ask if this is so

a)Then why is it that we stop at 2 or 3 we may continue this good work exponentially.As it is happening now.
b)The loss is even experienced under honorable intentions for a child,if it were a divine act nature would have strengthened it not weakened both he parents.In animal kingdom many species die in sexual act.

All in all the above questions just boil down to these:
-->Shuld we be essaying a part in perpetuation of this samsara or is it not required?

Pardon me for this lengthy questionairre but I seriously feel that with most intelligent humnans not able to follow Brahmacharya it is a question of inability to reconcile their views on it rather than required will.

ANSWER: 1. Divine will, past karma and present tendencies decide all things including the practice or non-practice of Brahmacharya. What is required is to follow oneís Dharma and leave the rest to God. Marriage has nothing to do with Brahmacharya. One takes up that mode of life which is in line with his tendencies.

2.  If divine will deems it necessary for a Jiva to produce offspring, then it occurs. Else it does not.

3. You do not decide anything. HE decides and you THINK you decided and acted, whereupon you have to bear the fruits or lack thereof. Hence relax and adhere to your Dharma without worrying about the fruits. This is Yoga.

4. There is a reaction to every action that the physical body undergoes and hence the weakness further to the act which draws life energy. This is the law of creation which we accept without questions.

5. You do not have a choice as to whether you will take part in the experiences of Samsara or not. What you will do and what you wonít is governed by a Supreme power which is running the show. Hence limit yourself to correct practice of your Dharma (attainment of the self) and be at peace.

ॐ तत् सत्
(That Supreme being is the absolute truth)

QUESTION: Dear Dhananjay,

In points 1,2,3 & 5 you have repeatedly said that " Divine will, past karma and present tendencies decide all things" & " You do not decide anything. HE decides and you THINK you decided and acted"  & similar ideas.

Does this also mean all the rapes/massacres/inhuman acts happening are also divine will?

What I still don't get is if divine will/cause & effect is decidng everything then what is the role of my effort or to say "adhere to my Dharma ".I don't understand where to draw the line here.

Basically pls help me understand where does the jurisdiction of my effort cease & divine's begin?

Answer
1. Action and reaction governing any two people is the result of their individual karma. The purpose of working out of karma in Samsara is to help the Jiva overcome its false sense of individuality (Ego). Divine will acts as the ordainer behind every such occurance for evolution of the individual and society at large. Nothing happens without a reason.

2. Your efforts exist as long as the 'You' (in terms of the individual ego exists). In the Yogi who has gone beyond this sense of Ego or I-ness, no Dharma or Karma exists. Till such a state is not reached, one should adhere to Dharma. You will know where to draw the line after a few years of genuine and honest practice of your Dharma coupled with a life of Yoga & Brahmacharya based on God devotion. Till then, perform honest and sincere action in the right direction as suggested, without worrying about the fruits.

The meaning behind these facts cannot be properly understood by theoretical study or lectures. Even if the matter was to be debated and discussed throughout life, it will not be of any use. It is only in the classroom called Life that the reality is understood through the lessons of experience taught by the invisible teacher called God. A life of Yoga & Brahmacharya aimed at self-realization helps one pass this exam in flying colors.

ॐ तत् सत्

Celibacy/Abstinence

Dhananjay