Celibacy/Abstinence/Bramacharya & new addictions

Im not alcoholic but since I started to practice bramacharya and started some concentration or meditation practice, then after the meditation time I feel very alive with the need to drink something, I started the need of the taste of beer, and alcohol. Before I didnt feel the need. Is alcohol worse than lack of bramacharya control? Do you get benefits oto practice bramacharya and drinking or better to stop totally the drinking? Some religious or spiritual systems like Catholics or some Buddhists permit this.

Various past impressions and tendencies surface in the course of Brahmacharya. Some may even appear totally new. None are new. All are a part of the hidden karma based on Samskara-s (impressions) & Vasana-s (tendencies). One should ignore these and strict to correct practice as described in past answers. Then, after a few years of such honest & unbroken effort, the practice becomes inseparable and a part of life.

ॐ तत् सत्
(That Supreme being is the absolute truth)  

Questions concerning the practice of 'Brahmacharya' to know the self, & the means required are dealt with here.

The term 'Yoga' is a derivative of the Samskruth verb 'Yuj' which refers to union. 'Yoga', also called 'Brahma vidy‚' is the eternal dissolution of the individual 'Aham' (Ego) into the Atman (self) for 'Mukti' (liberation). Mere indulgence in '¬sana' or physical postures is not Yoga. ¬sana is only one limb or 'Anga' of Yoga. The eight limbs viz. Yama, Niyama, ¬sana, Pr‚n‚y‚ma, Praty‚h‚ra, Dh‚rana, Dhy‚na and Sam‚dhi are the means to Yoga. Brahmacharya or spiritually based continence is one of the important components of 'Yama'. 'Brahmacharya':- "Brahmani charyathey ithi" - "To surrender one's Ego and go with the will of the Almighty."

Bachelors degree in Engineering.