Celibacy/Abstinence/Diet and Career

Question
Hi, thankyou for all of your time and answers, I have spent a good deal of time reading what you have written (and other sources) and it's been tremendously inspiring to me. Your description of the path and Brahmacharya is one of the truest and clearest I have read.

I have only recently begun my practice of total Brahmacharya just recently and I am already feeling the amazing effects. I have a yoga practice recently established (and I am practicing www.dadabhagwan.org), but only recently got out of a relationship and decided to practice celibacy.

I have tried some fasting, but I have found that it has only made me irregular in energy levels, motivation, digestion, and I feel as if it indeed burns up the Ojas (forgive me if this is not the correct term). I'd like to establish regularity in my diet, as you prescribe. With fasting, I will fast and eat healthy for a while, then eat something bad. It becomes a yo-yo effect. I would like to progress towards a moderate sattvic diet.

I live in the U.S. and do not have an Indian background, so I am not terribly familiar with the items you recommend for the sattvic diet. I have eaten rotlis, daal, and vegetable curries at the satsangs I attend locally, but I do not know the best approach to integrating these into my own diet. Can you send links to recipes? A lot of the recipes for daal I find have onion,garlic, etc. I'd like to make sure I am making the right thing. I am also not terribly familiar with some of the dairy items you suggest (buttermilk, curd, etc.) I guess some more info on the diet for someone unfamiliar would be very helpful! I get a strong impression that the dietary regime is very satisfying and complete without being overly stimulating.

Also I go to school everyday and generally am out a lot of the day, is it okay to cook double for breakfast and pack for lunch? Then dinner I can eat at home, Or pack vegetable/fruit smoothies or salads in my bag with some ice packs.

My other question, is my career is such that there is a large chance mess up this schedule in the coming years. My karma thus far is to be a musician. This requires late hours, erratic schedule, etc. I do not desire this schedule at all, but it may be inevitable. What to do? I will keep the regulated schedule now while I can (school is not erratic, so I can keep regular hours) but upon graduating it may become difficult. Will the energy of brahmacharya eventually allow me to sculpt a career that has hours to my liking if I stay strong? I am flexbile, and I am much more invested in my spiritual success than artistic success.. but I am worried that my karma may control me and send me into bad company, irregular practice, eating late, etc.

Thankyou

Answer
1. If an Indian menu is not accessible, take to an available diet that includes wheat products, dairy, pulses, legumes, lentils, green raw veggies and fruits with the schedule described in past answers. Try avoiding onion, garlic, eggs & meat in the initial years as the beginner is vulnerable to their stimulating nature. The advanced Yogi is not much affected by the type of food, while the same cannot be said of the beginner.

2. Yes.

3. Simply adhere to honest and uninterrupted ĎSadhanaí (practice) to the best extent possible as described in past answers with complete surrender and devotion to God. This is as much as one is required to do. HE will take care of the rest.

If you do this much, both spiritual success and artistic success will spring forth in course of time.

ॐ तत् सत्
(That Supreme being is the absolute truth)  

Celibacy/Abstinence

Dhananjay