Celibacy/Abstinence/Effects of brahmacharya

Dear Dhananjay,

Thank you very much for giving the public knowledge on brahmacharya.

With God's grace only, I have not voluntarily spilt my seed for almost 9 months. Positive effects have included a slightly clearer mind and a significant decrease in anger.

However, my tiredness levels have stayed the same (if not increased slightly) and I feel less motivated to carry out my duties (i.e studying). I am 19 yeras old.

My question is are these negative effects normal for brahmacharya and will they be going anytime soon or get worse.

Om Namah Shivaya :)

Adhere to the practice for a few years till it becomes a way of life. One will eventually reach the stage where Brahmacharya is no longer an effort but natural and effortless. Till then, ignore the reactions which eventually subside.

ॐ तत् सत्
(That Supreme being is the absolute truth)  

Questions concerning the practice of 'Brahmacharya' to know the self, & the means required are dealt with here.

The term 'Yoga' is a derivative of the Samskruth verb 'Yuj' which refers to union. 'Yoga', also called 'Brahma vidy‚' is the eternal dissolution of the individual 'Aham' (Ego) into the Atman (self) for 'Mukti' (liberation). Mere indulgence in '¬sana' or physical postures is not Yoga. ¬sana is only one limb or 'Anga' of Yoga. The eight limbs viz. Yama, Niyama, ¬sana, Pr‚n‚y‚ma, Praty‚h‚ra, Dh‚rana, Dhy‚na and Sam‚dhi are the means to Yoga. Brahmacharya or spiritually based continence is one of the important components of 'Yama'. 'Brahmacharya':- "Brahmani charyathey ithi" - "To surrender one's Ego and go with the will of the Almighty."

Bachelors degree in Engineering.