Celibacy/Abstinence/Effects of brahmacharya

Question
Dear Dhananjay,

Thank you very much for giving the public knowledge on brahmacharya.

With God's grace only, I have not voluntarily spilt my seed for almost 9 months. Positive effects have included a slightly clearer mind and a significant decrease in anger.

However, my tiredness levels have stayed the same (if not increased slightly) and I feel less motivated to carry out my duties (i.e studying). I am 19 yeras old.

My question is are these negative effects normal for brahmacharya and will they be going anytime soon or get worse.

Om Namah Shivaya :)

Answer
Adhere to the practice for a few years till it becomes a way of life. One will eventually reach the stage where Brahmacharya is no longer an effort but natural and effortless. Till then, ignore the reactions which eventually subside.

ॐ तत् सत्
(That Supreme being is the absolute truth)  

Celibacy/Abstinence

Dhananjay