Celibacy/Abstinence/Energy loss

Hello Dhananjay,

I hope you are doing well. I wished to know about the energy lost in one ejaculation. How much mental/physical work could be done with the energy one squanders in one ejaculation? Also, does fasting also result in energy loss?

Thank you,

1. Where is the need to quantify the energy loss? Is it not evident further to experience? Of what use is it to use numbers, figures or units of energy? All this is nothing but a waste of time. Let go of these fancy theoretical questions and invest your energy in Sadhana (practice) with devotion to God. All doubts will then start to disappear in course of time.

2. Information on the effects of fasting has been described in detail in past answers. It is evident that those answers have not been carefully gone through and the essence not absorbed. Yoga Sadhana is not a dish that is available in a fast food restaurant. One should seriously apply his heart & soul and strive to realize the truth using the required means.

ॐ तत् सत्
(That Supreme being is the absolute truth)  

Questions concerning the practice of 'Brahmacharya' to know the self, & the means required are dealt with here.

The term 'Yoga' is a derivative of the Samskruth verb 'Yuj' which refers to union. 'Yoga', also called 'Brahma vidy‚' is the eternal dissolution of the individual 'Aham' (Ego) into the Atman (self) for 'Mukti' (liberation). Mere indulgence in '¬sana' or physical postures is not Yoga. ¬sana is only one limb or 'Anga' of Yoga. The eight limbs viz. Yama, Niyama, ¬sana, Pr‚n‚y‚ma, Praty‚h‚ra, Dh‚rana, Dhy‚na and Sam‚dhi are the means to Yoga. Brahmacharya or spiritually based continence is one of the important components of 'Yama'. 'Brahmacharya':- "Brahmani charyathey ithi" - "To surrender one's Ego and go with the will of the Almighty."

Bachelors degree in Engineering.