Celibacy/Abstinence/Pranayam and Meditation

Question
1. I do 6 pranayams holding breath for 32 seconds. Can I increase the number of pranayams to say 10 or should I try and increase the number of seconds to 40?

2. I do the buddhist method of meditation of concentrating on the breath (tip of the nose), as I find it easier rather than concentrating on the point between the eyebrows. Your thoughts please.

Many thanks for your guidance,
Ganesh

Answer
1. 40

2. Any meditation is fine as long as it eventually leads to withdrawal of the consciousness from the Anatma (non-self) to the Atman (self). Any practice which does not lead to this objective is not meditation for self-realization.

ॐ तत् सत्
(That Supreme being is the absolute truth)

Celibacy/Abstinence

Dhananjay