Celibacy/Abstinence/Show of Siddhi-s

1-Just thinking of sex brings lost of energy right? I feel I lose flexibility even with thinking of sex. 2- Ive read from a book of Swami Sivananda that if you can have complete chastity you can obtain litle by little the siddhis after months and years of unbroken chastity. Is this true? But at the same time there is not one who could levitate or bilocate like many saints from Hinduism or Catholic orders.

As mentioned earlier, purposeful and unwarranted application of Siddhi-s for show is a waste of resources and can even lead to unwanted karma. Hence mature Yogi-s do not take recourse to the same.

ॐ तत् सत्
(That Supreme being is the absolute truth)

Questions concerning the practice of 'Brahmacharya' to know the self, & the means required are dealt with here.

The term 'Yoga' is a derivative of the Samskruth verb 'Yuj' which refers to union. 'Yoga', also called 'Brahma vidy‚' is the eternal dissolution of the individual 'Aham' (Ego) into the Atman (self) for 'Mukti' (liberation). Mere indulgence in '¬sana' or physical postures is not Yoga. ¬sana is only one limb or 'Anga' of Yoga. The eight limbs viz. Yama, Niyama, ¬sana, Pr‚n‚y‚ma, Praty‚h‚ra, Dh‚rana, Dhy‚na and Sam‚dhi are the means to Yoga. Brahmacharya or spiritually based continence is one of the important components of 'Yama'. 'Brahmacharya':- "Brahmani charyathey ithi" - "To surrender one's Ego and go with the will of the Almighty."

Bachelors degree in Engineering.