Celibacy/Abstinence/Meditation timings

Question
Namaste,

I meditate after waking up in the morning between 4 - 7 Am, mostly it is 6 AM. In the evening i meditate before sleep.

- I would like to know, what is the ideal time for meditation in the evening. I take my meal at 6:30 PM as suggested by you(before sunset)?

Answer
Merging the mind into the Atman (self) is meditation. The Atman is always in meditation. Hence one can merge the mind into its source at any point of time.

However, there are certain periods when it is most easy for the mind to accomplish this merger. These are the four 'Sandhi Kala-s':

1. Just before Sunrise.
2. Noon (12.00 P.M)
3. Just before Sunset
4. Midnight (12.00 A.M)

Get done with Yogic practice in the evening, followed by meditation on the self. One can have his evening food on completing the same.

ॐ तत् सत्
(That Supreme being is the absolute truth)  

Celibacy/Abstinence

Dhananjay