Celibacy/Abstinence/Staying Motivated

Question
Hello Dhanajay,

It's been over two years since my last post - http://en.allexperts.com/q/Celibacy-Abstinence-3564/2011/10/staying-focused.htm

I've been trying to quit masturbation and porn for many years now. I  find it extremely difficult. I have tried what you told me but after a few relapses I lose motivation to try again. It's a never ending cycle.

Due to work and various other distractions like noise etc, I can not sleep early and thus can not wake up early. I've tried hypnosis/meditating and falling asleep which helps but it stops working for me after a few days. How essential is waking up early?

I also go to the gym on a regular basis and I'm on a heavy bulking diet as a result. Will that effect my practice of Brahmacharya?

Also after a few days I feel really stressed out from work and various other things which builds up. Meditation helps me relieve some of it but I always find my self relapsing in the end. How can I tackle that?

I do not want to give up. A few words of encouragement will be appreciated greatly.  

Thank you very much.

Answer
1. Gradually advance the waking time by 10~15 minutes every week. Early morning wake up is very beneficial.

2. Avoid bulking and limit the workout to fitness.

3. Practice is to applied unless it eventually becomes natural and perfect. There is no shortcut.

Who gets stressed? It is the Ego which considers itself the doer. Let go of doership and do your duty with a relaxed and peaceful attitude. That which happens happens. Our right ends at duty.

Gradually apply the tenets with more and more intensity, until they become natural. The same will come through in the course of time.

ॐ तत् सत्
(That Supreme being is the absolute truth)

Celibacy/Abstinence

Dhananjay