Celibacy/Abstinence/Brahmacharya, meditation and divine help

QUESTION: Hello, I am in a very desesperate situation in life, with money problem. I practice brahmacharya and concentration practice on the ajna chakra for 1 or 2 hours before sleeping.

I would like to know if with this practice on the ajna chakra, which yogi call trataka can you receive spiritual help? I heard that gods and spirits (devas, asuras) can come to help such individual if you give them something in return for example some food or your blood so they can continue to manifest. I know this is not self realization, but  someone should start from something and advandce from that level. I could dedicate this practice to be able to do it. Such practice are related to divination. I would like to have your opinion as you are more advandced in this. Thanks

ANSWER: 1. Such an approach will only cause more bondage and more suffering. It is not the way of the wise.

2. Let go of such an approach and adhere to honest practice to realize the self. That much which is in one's destiny and not more will come at the appropriate time. Be content with what comes through effort and focus on the self.

ॐ तत् सत्
(That Supreme being is the absolute truth)

QUESTION: But when you practice pure brahmacharya and meditation, does it bring you higher chance or luck in life? You know why I dare to ask this even if it goes a little bit out of subject, is because some individual when he was young around 30 like me now had an experience with divination. He practiced what is now called "magnetism" and played a game called cup game in those times, which is like a board game with numbers and letters and a cup of crystal. Because of it he started to had dreams with numbers which he played exactly next day and won 106.000$ in those years a very high sum in lottery. Now he is like a bit psychotic and very sensible to noise and sounds. But the thing is that it was real and worked for him. There are tons of cases like that. Why does it occur?

That which is due comes and that which is due goes, whatever be the means. These are the results of past karma. The wise donot waste their resources running after such illusions but ever stay steadfast to the self which is the only reality, content with what HE gives.

ॐ तत् सत्

Questions concerning the practice of 'Brahmacharya' to know the self, & the means required are dealt with here.

The term 'Yoga' is a derivative of the Samskruth verb 'Yuj' which refers to union. 'Yoga', also called 'Brahma vidy‚' is the eternal dissolution of the individual 'Aham' (Ego) into the Atman (self) for 'Mukti' (liberation). Mere indulgence in '¬sana' or physical postures is not Yoga. ¬sana is only one limb or 'Anga' of Yoga. The eight limbs viz. Yama, Niyama, ¬sana, Pr‚n‚y‚ma, Praty‚h‚ra, Dh‚rana, Dhy‚na and Sam‚dhi are the means to Yoga. Brahmacharya or spiritually based continence is one of the important components of 'Yama'. 'Brahmacharya':- "Brahmani charyathey ithi" - "To surrender one's Ego and go with the will of the Almighty."

Bachelors degree in Engineering.