Celibacy/Abstinence/Use of time

Respected Sir,
         During holidays we have free time. Apart from the regular yogic practices in morning of bandha, pranayama & meditation
how can this time be used.When in working days, there is a lot of work , I used to think that I would read bhagavad gita , gospel of Sri Ramakrishna and other related works but it is difficult to read for long time. Also meditation is not very easy to attain for the whole day.How then can we remain in thought of God? Should I continue with my efforts on meditation, and reading with trying to absorb the essence of scriptures even if some kind of emptiness starts coming.Also suggest something.

thank you

1. As one gets established in 'Sadhana' (practices to realize the self) with unbroken Brahmacharya, it becomes natural to be in the thought of God by surrendering all actions as a service to HIM. One then enjoys the bliss of the self even while attending to other work or activities.

What is important is to be aware of oneself as not the body or the Ego but only the pure self, content in itself. One may then indulge in all constructive activities which one pleases or is interested in by holding on to the self. It is not necessary to force long hours of meditation. Meditating every now and then, whenever possible, with love to God suffices.

As one progresses, the state of meditation becomes continuous and natural even while attending to external work. The Atman (self) is always in meditation and the closer one gets to the self, the more one's state becomes that of meditation.

2. Apply efforts on meditation as well as reading related material to the extent possible along with a Yogic life of Brahmacharya. Balance and equilibrium will dawn by themselves in the course of time and all other activities will soon become enjoyable in the state of the self.

ॐ तत् सत्
(That Supreme being is the absolute truth)  

Questions concerning the practice of 'Brahmacharya' to know the self, & the means required are dealt with here.

The term 'Yoga' is a derivative of the Samskruth verb 'Yuj' which refers to union. 'Yoga', also called 'Brahma vidy‚' is the eternal dissolution of the individual 'Aham' (Ego) into the Atman (self) for 'Mukti' (liberation). Mere indulgence in '¬sana' or physical postures is not Yoga. ¬sana is only one limb or 'Anga' of Yoga. The eight limbs viz. Yama, Niyama, ¬sana, Pr‚n‚y‚ma, Praty‚h‚ra, Dh‚rana, Dhy‚na and Sam‚dhi are the means to Yoga. Brahmacharya or spiritually based continence is one of the important components of 'Yama'. 'Brahmacharya':- "Brahmani charyathey ithi" - "To surrender one's Ego and go with the will of the Almighty."

Bachelors degree in Engineering.