Celibacy/Abstinence/Dream experience

Dear Sir,

Last night I dreamed I was walking along a beach and a large tidal wave (tsunami) came up behind me, overtook me, and carried me away. I have had dreams with tidal waves before and I believe they are related to brahmacharya. These dreams seem to suggest a great latent power waiting to emerge. Could you provide any comment on these dreams?

Thank-you for your kind assistance,

Ron D.

It may be taken as a sign of encouragement, if one so pleases. However, one should not get attached to such visualizations but always hold on to the self.

ॐ तत् सत्
(That Supreme being is the absolute truth)  

Questions concerning the practice of 'Brahmacharya' to know the self, & the means required are dealt with here.

The term 'Yoga' is a derivative of the Samskruth verb 'Yuj' which refers to union. 'Yoga', also called 'Brahma vidy‚' is the eternal dissolution of the individual 'Aham' (Ego) into the Atman (self) for 'Mukti' (liberation). Mere indulgence in '¬sana' or physical postures is not Yoga. ¬sana is only one limb or 'Anga' of Yoga. The eight limbs viz. Yama, Niyama, ¬sana, Pr‚n‚y‚ma, Praty‚h‚ra, Dh‚rana, Dhy‚na and Sam‚dhi are the means to Yoga. Brahmacharya or spiritually based continence is one of the important components of 'Yama'. 'Brahmacharya':- "Brahmani charyathey ithi" - "To surrender one's Ego and go with the will of the Almighty."

Bachelors degree in Engineering.