Celibacy/Abstinence/An experience

Yesterday when I lye down to bed to meditate before sleep, I had a strange experience. I practiced that practice which say be an observer and let thoughts come and go until mind remain clear and somewhat empty. I did that for almost an hour while in a very confortable and no tension posture. In a moment I lost conciousness or awareness to say it simply, but a moment later I started to hear like voices from television in my ears even though the tv was off, and had clear vision of my room even with my eyes closed as if I opened my eyes while lying down. I could see my body, arms and legs lying down and in that state said to myself I was in sleep but fully conscious as if awake. Then I forced myself to move and feel my arms moving but invisible and the body remained unmoved, after I moved and wake up. Some years ago I had similar experience but I never continued it out of fear, in those times I didnt have much knowledge. Is this an entry to an out of body? Some position helps this experience? Is out of body experience the goal of Yoga?

ANSWER: 1. The aim of Yoga is to realize the self.

2. Ignore such experiences and strive to go beyond the body & mind which are unreal. Residing in the self as the self is the only reality and state, worthy of attainment.

ॐ तत् सत्
(That Supreme being is the absolute truth)

QUESTION: Hello, But this experience I didnt search for it, it was in a click if I could say. It was as if the physical body went to sleep and the mind was awake in a "sleep paralysis" induced because of meditation. It was because I tried to go beyond body and mind as an observer I attained that state. But when I was in that state I become attached to it and wanted to explore it. So if this comes again I have to let go of it and continue to meditate as an observer?

1. Mere observation eventually makes the Ego interfere and the observation gets colored by the past Samskara-s (impressions) & Vasana-s (tendencies) of which the Ego is made of. Before the aspirant knows it, he is not impartially observing as a neutral witness but as the limited Ego. Complete, neutral observation without letting the Ego interfere is not possible all the time in the unrealized state. It is therefore necessary to perform correct Sadhana to vacate the seeds of past karma which constitute the Ego. Then alone does the Ego start fragmenting, leading to its eventual dissolution.

2. Let go of desire for all bodyily or mind experiences which come en route and focus only on attaining to the through free state with complete awareness. This alone leads to the merger of the mind in the Atman (self). Everything else is a distraction.

ॐ तत् सत्

Questions concerning the practice of 'Brahmacharya' to know the self, & the means required are dealt with here.

The term 'Yoga' is a derivative of the Samskruth verb 'Yuj' which refers to union. 'Yoga', also called 'Brahma vidy‚' is the eternal dissolution of the individual 'Aham' (Ego) into the Atman (self) for 'Mukti' (liberation). Mere indulgence in '¬sana' or physical postures is not Yoga. ¬sana is only one limb or 'Anga' of Yoga. The eight limbs viz. Yama, Niyama, ¬sana, Pr‚n‚y‚ma, Praty‚h‚ra, Dh‚rana, Dhy‚na and Sam‚dhi are the means to Yoga. Brahmacharya or spiritually based continence is one of the important components of 'Yama'. 'Brahmacharya':- "Brahmani charyathey ithi" - "To surrender one's Ego and go with the will of the Almighty."

Bachelors degree in Engineering.