Celibacy/Abstinence/Natural shampoo

Question
Namaste,

In a recent answer you mentioned that one should not use soap. I am glad that i am going to get rid of soap now

Does it apply to shampoo too? i really hate using shampoo. I am sure our ancestors who used to live a simple life style never ever used anything like shampoo. Am i right?

What about oil? Our body has got natural oils. Are they sufficient or shall we use some oil? if yes, then what did our ancestors used for this?

I am asking all these things because i want to live a true Bhartiya lifestyle with brahmacharya.

Answer
1. One might use soap nut powder or 'shikakai' powder as an alternative to shampoo.

2. Soaking the head overnight with warm oil, twice a week is beneficial. It releases excess heat. It is to be followed with a head bath the next morning. Oil can also be applied to the face and body with the same frequency.

ॐ तत् सत्
(That Supreme being is the absolute truth)  

Celibacy/Abstinence

Dhananjay