Celibacy/Abstinence/Natural shampoo

In a recent answer you mentioned that one should not use soap. I am glad that i am going to get rid of soap now

Does it apply to shampoo too? i really hate using shampoo. I am sure our ancestors who used to live a simple life style never ever used anything like shampoo. Am i right?

What about oil? Our body has got natural oils. Are they sufficient or shall we use some oil? if yes, then what did our ancestors used for this?

I am asking all these things because i want to live a true Bhartiya lifestyle with brahmacharya.

1. One might use soap nut powder or 'shikakai' powder as an alternative to shampoo.

2. Soaking the head overnight with warm oil, twice a week is beneficial. It releases excess heat. It is to be followed with a head bath the next morning. Oil can also be applied to the face and body with the same frequency.

ॐ तत् सत्
(That Supreme being is the absolute truth)  

Questions concerning the practice of 'Brahmacharya' to know the self, & the means required are dealt with here.

The term 'Yoga' is a derivative of the Samskruth verb 'Yuj' which refers to union. 'Yoga', also called 'Brahma vidy‚' is the eternal dissolution of the individual 'Aham' (Ego) into the Atman (self) for 'Mukti' (liberation). Mere indulgence in '¬sana' or physical postures is not Yoga. ¬sana is only one limb or 'Anga' of Yoga. The eight limbs viz. Yama, Niyama, ¬sana, Pr‚n‚y‚ma, Praty‚h‚ra, Dh‚rana, Dhy‚na and Sam‚dhi are the means to Yoga. Brahmacharya or spiritually based continence is one of the important components of 'Yama'. 'Brahmacharya':- "Brahmani charyathey ithi" - "To surrender one's Ego and go with the will of the Almighty."

Bachelors degree in Engineering.