Celibacy/Abstinence/Experience of trance or Samadhi?

Some time ago I meditated in supine position for about an hour before sleeping, at night. I felt some pulsation in my knees and neck, at first. Remaining with my eyes closed during meditation, I saw suddenly like a light white in colour at the sam time I felt aspired upward, but I felt scared and stopped that. After that I put myself on my feets and when I touched my skin for about 5 minutes or little more the skin of my arms and was like the contexture of a snake (or smooth rubber) and I dont felt it was my skin, I could move fast. From what I experienced I think the best way to achive that is to let thoughts go for some time and just see without awaiting anything. Was this a trance or samadhi state? Did you have the experience of such states? Thanks

Such experiences are one among the many results of upward movement Prana (vital energy) during the initial stages. These differ from person to person and can vary from visions of light to feeling weightless etc. None of these is however Samadhi.

When the Yogi loses awareness of his body and surroundings and feels himself in the formless expanse of the absolute, that is Savikalpa or Sabija Samadhi (limited super-consciousness). The mind (I-ness) however exists here.

When even the 'I-thought' (I am experiencing this expanse of reality) gets dissolved into its source namely the Atman (pure self) or the Almighty, the real, non-dual Samadhi called 'Nirvikalpa Samadhi' occurs. Then there is no I, you or the world but only the infinite as the infinite. The Ego is dissolved into the Atman as salt dissolves in water. The Yogi who reaches this stage gets the first hand experience of his Atman (true self). He then knows who he is. This when practiced long burns the Samskara-s & Vasana-s which are blocking flight into permanent residence in the self as the self and leads to 'Mukti' (liberation). He is then a 'Jivanmukta' (liberated & fully enlightened while still alive) and has no rebirth after forsaking his body.

ॐ तत् सत्
(That Supreme being is the absolute truth)  

Questions concerning the practice of 'Brahmacharya' to know the self, & the means required are dealt with here.

The term 'Yoga' is a derivative of the Samskruth verb 'Yuj' which refers to union. 'Yoga', also called 'Brahma vidy‚' is the eternal dissolution of the individual 'Aham' (Ego) into the Atman (self) for 'Mukti' (liberation). Mere indulgence in '¬sana' or physical postures is not Yoga. ¬sana is only one limb or 'Anga' of Yoga. The eight limbs viz. Yama, Niyama, ¬sana, Pr‚n‚y‚ma, Praty‚h‚ra, Dh‚rana, Dhy‚na and Sam‚dhi are the means to Yoga. Brahmacharya or spiritually based continence is one of the important components of 'Yama'. 'Brahmacharya':- "Brahmani charyathey ithi" - "To surrender one's Ego and go with the will of the Almighty."

Bachelors degree in Engineering.