Celibacy/Abstinence/Bewildered but not disheartened

Question
Dear Brahman,
1) I am wondering why I should strive to realise the Self when the attainment of that state is merely absorption into the Reservoir Of All Bliss. Since material existence cannot taint the sage that has attained that Supreme State, what is the point of being empty, endless, ecstatic but without qualities (after liberation)? Doesn't the liberated being get involved in transcendental activities and selfless service that is not contaminated by the illusion of free will and false ego? Why should one strive to become 'unconscious' or even super conscious when there is nothing but Supreme Bliss to percieve? Isn't work cessation kind of boring?
2. Do we 'have the choice' to experience life on the innumerable planets and stars in the material universe?
3. Is Gayatri Mantra and vedic stotras beneficial for a Brahmin in search of Brahman?
4. Are the Gods real individuals that reprent Brahman?
I apologise for asking so many questions but please don't tell me to 'wait out the storm'. However, my respectful obeisances unto you and my kudos to your answer, even if it is not what I expected. I understand entirely how my perception is conditioned.

Answer
1. If you attain to your self, this query will not arise. Who is asking this query? It is the non-self, for the self does not have any questions. Who thinks -" Why should I attain to the self?" It is again the Ego (non-self). So it is a state of mistaken identity. You do not know who you are. Despite being the eternal, all knowing, omnipresent and infinite being, you are identifying yourself with who you are not and have fallen into the illusory trap of the finite. Is this not reason enough to know yourself?

It is like a man who has memorized the map to a particular destination and makes statements of what exists and what doesn't along the way without actually having tread the road. The reality is that knowledge of the paper map does not even come close to a fraction of the experience of actually travelling the road and experiencing the sights in person.

First realize your self, following which you will come to correct conclusions as regards the state of the realized sage from direct experience. Do not fall prey to reading descriptions about that state from written material and fool yourself with more ignorance in the hands of Maya. What exactly that state is and what such a sage does after reaching that state are to be known from direct experience. Indulging in random discussions about what one will do or not do after reaching that state before reaching it is like a 1 year old tiny tot making statements about what a person should do or not do after completing his masters and earning a doctorate.

2. Let us say the choice exists; who exercises the choice? It is not the real you but the false Ego. So this is another case of a king deluded to beggary and running after the pennies, not knowing that the whole kingdom with its innumerable treasures are his. Do you want to remain in beggary or attain to your true state of sovereignty by realizing who you are?

3. All mantra-s in scriptures are only meant to eventually lead man to realize the fallacy of the Ego. This is the only objective behind any spiritual or religious practice. Those who get caught up in these means itself and forget the end (of knowing the self) are only fooling themselves further.

4. Are you real? the gods are as real or as false as you. What is real about you? Is it the body, mind, Ego or something else which is empowering all these as electricity empowers the electric bulb? Your body, mind and Ego did not exist in your perception while fast asleep. So they cannot be real. Yet you existed, for you woke up and said - "I had sound sleep". That which existed even when all these were out of the picture is the real you.  

That single Supreme force which empowers every being, animal, man or the gods just as electricity empowers various electrical and electronic gadgets is the self or the Almighty. The gods are those manifestations on a higher plane without a physical body but with a mind. You have a body, while they don't need one. One should keep his focus only on the Supreme power and not get deluded with forms which that power manifests itself with.

ॐ तत् सत्
(That Supreme being is the absolute truth)  

Celibacy/Abstinence

Dhananjay