I have one towel that I use every day after the shower and then I hang it up on a bar to dry.  It is a big old beach towel.  Could I get any kind of pubic infection from this?

No, you could not get a sexually transmitted infection from using a towel no matter how dirty it is.  Personally, I don't use a bath towel for more than a week.  Of course, you're supposed to be clean when you use the towel, so all it does is absorb water.  I don't think you have to worry.

Doug Adams, Ph.D.

When it comes to celibacy/abstinence, I am more likely to point out the downside of being sexually abstinent. I don't advocate abstinence as a long-term sexual lifestyle. Abstinence is a good thing when the alternative is being sexual in an indiscreet manner, but it is a bad thing when a healthy sexual lifestyle of being monogamous with a partner is available. I frequently answer questions in the masturbation and male masturbation categories on AllExperts.com. I take all questions pertaining to sexuality.

I am a category expert in the sexuality area on AllExperts.com and have written the web site HealthyStrokes.com for over thirteen years.

I have a Ph.D. in a field unrelated to sexuality from one of the leading educational institutions of the world.