Celibacy/Abstinence/Different paths

Dear Sir,

While I have embraced the path of brahmacharya and fully believe it is the correct path for myself, I do not believe it is necessary for everyone. Without question, there are countless individuals who have fully awakened while being sexually active both within and without the married state. How can this be explained?

1. Through what means did you get to know about their state of liberation? How did you come to the conclusion? It is obvious that these statements are not from direct experience. When you reach that state called self-realization, you will know if those people were liberated or not. You will also know the need for cent percent Brahmacharya in thought, word & deed.

Freedom from the need for indulgence in recreational sexuality is one of the primary requirements to progress in the path towards knowing the self.

Realizing the self means being the self, as the self, in the self without the concepts of external & internal. Nothing but the self exists for such a person. Where then is the need for recreational sex which constitutes an external indulgence in the non-self which itself is non-existent in terms of the absolute truth?

3. An enlightened/liberated being does not have a need for recreational sex which constitutes the non-self. If such a need exists, it is not enlightenment.

ॐ तत् सत्
(That Supreme being is the absolute truth)  

Questions concerning the practice of 'Brahmacharya' to know the self, & the means required are dealt with here.

The term 'Yoga' is a derivative of the Samskruth verb 'Yuj' which refers to union. 'Yoga', also called 'Brahma vidy‚' is the eternal dissolution of the individual 'Aham' (Ego) into the Atman (self) for 'Mukti' (liberation). Mere indulgence in '¬sana' or physical postures is not Yoga. ¬sana is only one limb or 'Anga' of Yoga. The eight limbs viz. Yama, Niyama, ¬sana, Pr‚n‚y‚ma, Praty‚h‚ra, Dh‚rana, Dhy‚na and Sam‚dhi are the means to Yoga. Brahmacharya or spiritually based continence is one of the important components of 'Yama'. 'Brahmacharya':- "Brahmani charyathey ithi" - "To surrender one's Ego and go with the will of the Almighty."

Bachelors degree in Engineering.