Celibacy/Abstinence/Hymen

Question
I would like to know if masturbating can make me be not a virgin anymore.  It is important to me that I have my hymen.  Can masturbating take it away at all?

Answer
Having a hymen does not mean you are a virgin; and not having a hymen doesn't mean you aren't one.  The only way to lose your virginity is to have sexual intercourse with someone.  You cannot lose your virginity by masturbating.

If you wish to preserve your hymen, it is a good idea to masturbate externally, by rubbing the area around the clitoris.  That will not damage the hymen at all.  Masturbating internally, by inserting fingers or objects into the vagina, will tend to damage the hymen.

Celibacy/Abstinence

Doug Adams, Ph.D.