Celibacy/Abstinence/Upnishads,karma,Hare Krishna mantra

Question
QUESTION: Namaskar Dhananjay,
I'm a follower of you for many months now & have read almost all your answers on this forum.You have truly been my staring guiding light.But still I had several questions-

1.I'm now entering my 6th month of brahmcharya.In the beginning it was quite easy but as now I'm progressing it is increasingly becoming difficult for me to counter my inner urges.Also,in the beginning I did not practice yoga,pranayama etc. but after starting the practice,I think some situations are becoming more tempting for me as if I'm inviting them.Is this normal?What is happening?

2.In one of your answers you advised to read upnishads.I've bought a copy of a collection of upnishads but it is only in sanskrit & has no translation in hindi so I understand it very little but I like reading it.Is this reading also going to help me?

3.Is the 'Hare Krishna' mantra a modern mantra founded by ISKCON or is it also on par with 'Om Namah Shivaye' etc.?

4.If we do good deeds(punya karma) then can we negate(cancel out) our bad deeds(paap karma) or we have to bear the fruit of both the deeds?

Kindly spare me for my ignorance if I've asked it if it was already answered previously.

Dhanyawad
Sameer

ANSWER: 1. Practice the said methods honestly without fail. The efforts should be regular. In a few years, things will stabilize. The challenge of Brahmacharya is faced and won only through patience, diligent practice & with surrender to God.

2. Translations of the Upanishads are available at: http://yousigma.com/upanishad.html

3. Any mantra whose objective is to connect to the Supreme can be chanted. The Hare Krishna mantra is on par with any other mantra of this type and has existed from time immemorial.

4. You have to bear the fruits of both. Those who perform Punyam (meritorious acts) without the sense of 'I-ness' by surrendering all their actions to the Lord do not accrue merit. Such complete loss of I-ness or Ego comes only after self-realization. Till then, it is best to perform actions without the thought -"I am doing it" but simply realize -"HE works through me; I do nothing".

ॐ तत् सत्
(That Supreme being is the absolute truth)

QUESTION: Namaskaar Dhananjay,
Thank you very much for your help through the answers.I had this doubt still.The upnishad link sent was very very helpful.Still,if I read through the Sanskrit text of the upnishads,is it also going to help me in some form?

Dhanyawad
Sameer

Answer
Whether you read them in Samskrut, English or some other language is of no consequence. Applying the essence of the Upanishads in real life alone matters. It is practice of the said principles and practice alone which makes a difference. Mere theoretical scholarship is not of any use.

ॐ तत् सत्

Celibacy/Abstinence

Dhananjay