Celibacy/Abstinence/Brahmacharya Birthday

Hello Sir,

I am a 59-year old male who is today celebrating one year of unbroken brahmacharya. My most sincere gratitude for the support and inspiration your words have provided me. In this first year, I have noted a deeper capacity to surrender to my present moment experience which thus leads to increased emotional stability. What might I expect, God-willing, in my second year of brahmacharya?

1. Calmness of mind, emotional stability and overall mental control better after a year of Brahmacharya.

2. The body continues being cleansed of its toxins from Chakra to Chakra.

On the whole, one becomes more attuned and starts coming to terms with Brahmacharya as the natural way of life.

May God bless you with true Brahmacharya to know the self.

ॐ तत् सत्
(That Supreme being is the absolute truth)

Questions concerning the practice of 'Brahmacharya' to know the self, & the means required are dealt with here.

The term 'Yoga' is a derivative of the Samskruth verb 'Yuj' which refers to union. 'Yoga', also called 'Brahma vidy‚' is the eternal dissolution of the individual 'Aham' (Ego) into the Atman (self) for 'Mukti' (liberation). Mere indulgence in '¬sana' or physical postures is not Yoga. ¬sana is only one limb or 'Anga' of Yoga. The eight limbs viz. Yama, Niyama, ¬sana, Pr‚n‚y‚ma, Praty‚h‚ra, Dh‚rana, Dhy‚na and Sam‚dhi are the means to Yoga. Brahmacharya or spiritually based continence is one of the important components of 'Yama'. 'Brahmacharya':- "Brahmani charyathey ithi" - "To surrender one's Ego and go with the will of the Almighty."

Bachelors degree in Engineering.