Celibacy/Abstinence/Physical and mental Bramacharya

As you know a lot about spirituality and virtue, can you tell what is the diference in effect between a physical bramacharya and physical+mental bramacharya? I tried physical bramacharya but still thinked of sex thoughts and I felt it was not very complete and if you think about sex too much it is like losing energy even without ejaculation of seed. But this is my opinion.

There are some yogis who practiced dual cultivation or tantric sex, so we can say they were physical bramachari without the loss of seed but not mental one. Is even thinking of sex divert your prana or chi energy to the genital organs and then you lose the energy even if you dont ejaculate? At what point is the energy lost?

1. Mere physical abstinence is not Brahmacharya. Mere physical abstinence without mental control also leads to loss of energy. Only when abstinence is practiced in thought, word and deed by diverting one's energy away from the sex center into the higher domains to know one's self does it become Brahmacharya.

2. Energy is lost from the very moment a sexual thought develops into desire & lust.

ॐ तत् सत्
(That Supreme being is the absolute truth)  

Questions concerning the practice of 'Brahmacharya' to know the self, & the means required are dealt with here.

The term 'Yoga' is a derivative of the Samskruth verb 'Yuj' which refers to union. 'Yoga', also called 'Brahma vidy‚' is the eternal dissolution of the individual 'Aham' (Ego) into the Atman (self) for 'Mukti' (liberation). Mere indulgence in '¬sana' or physical postures is not Yoga. ¬sana is only one limb or 'Anga' of Yoga. The eight limbs viz. Yama, Niyama, ¬sana, Pr‚n‚y‚ma, Praty‚h‚ra, Dh‚rana, Dhy‚na and Sam‚dhi are the means to Yoga. Brahmacharya or spiritually based continence is one of the important components of 'Yama'. 'Brahmacharya':- "Brahmani charyathey ithi" - "To surrender one's Ego and go with the will of the Almighty."

Bachelors degree in Engineering.