I want to be a virgin when I get married.  Will I be regarded as less of a virgin if I masterbate?  I want to be as virgin as you can get.

Masturbation is normal, healthy, and fun.  It does not make you any less of a virgin.  The only way to lose your virginity is by having sex with another person.  No one will regard you as any less of a virgin because you masturbate.  Many people masturbate for decades before they ever have sex with another person, and some people never have sex with another person.  You should enjoy masturbating and not worry that it will affect your virginity.  It won't.

Doug Adams, Ph.D.

When it comes to celibacy/abstinence, I am more likely to point out the downside of being sexually abstinent. I don't advocate abstinence as a long-term sexual lifestyle. Abstinence is a good thing when the alternative is being sexual in an indiscreet manner, but it is a bad thing when a healthy sexual lifestyle of being monogamous with a partner is available. I frequently answer questions in the masturbation and male masturbation categories on AllExperts.com. I take all questions pertaining to sexuality.

I am a category expert in the sexuality area on AllExperts.com and have written the web site HealthyStrokes.com for over thirteen years.

I have a Ph.D. in a field unrelated to sexuality from one of the leading educational institutions of the world.