Celibacy/Abstinence/Ego & Self-respect

Namaste Prabhu!
What is the difference between EGO and SELF RESPECT?
Are they one and the same?

thank you!

Yes. Self respect is another name for the Ego. When someone says - "I do not want to lose my self-respect", it is the Ahamkara (Ego) which is talking and not the self. The Atman (true self) is not affected by anything or anyone, for there exists nothing other than the Atman everywhere. It is without a second. Who then can respect or disrespect it?

ॐ तत् सत्
(That Supreme being is the absolute truth)

Questions concerning the practice of 'Brahmacharya' to know the self, & the means required are dealt with here.

The term 'Yoga' is a derivative of the Samskruth verb 'Yuj' which refers to union. 'Yoga', also called 'Brahma vidy‚' is the eternal dissolution of the individual 'Aham' (Ego) into the Atman (self) for 'Mukti' (liberation). Mere indulgence in '¬sana' or physical postures is not Yoga. ¬sana is only one limb or 'Anga' of Yoga. The eight limbs viz. Yama, Niyama, ¬sana, Pr‚n‚y‚ma, Praty‚h‚ra, Dh‚rana, Dhy‚na and Sam‚dhi are the means to Yoga. Brahmacharya or spiritually based continence is one of the important components of 'Yama'. 'Brahmacharya':- "Brahmani charyathey ithi" - "To surrender one's Ego and go with the will of the Almighty."

Bachelors degree in Engineering.