I would like to express my gratitude towards your intensely profound and true answers here on brahmacharya. Supreme manifested as your answers to myself as I was being troubled to sustain a virtue of purity, which is troublesome mostly for the fact I've been a hedonistic sexoholic for most of my short incarnaction here on Earth having sex with hundreds of women in the past. I'm a 28 year old devotee of Ramana Maharshi currently planning a trip to India to further my relation with him and offer him and Arunachala Shiva gratitude for guiding me.

My question to you would be - should there be any way to cut through astral tubes I have dishonorably "collected" through my former life of lust and manipulation? Some might say it lasts for a minimum of 12 years pretty much sabotaging much of our life's efforts to cleanse spiritually and with no conscious effort for eradication further imprint themselves in our subconscious as vasanas or so say my master.

I've been visualizing cutting through them with a sword in meditation as I find this intuitively helpful, but perhaps you could offer me some insight I could integrate into my practice.

Huge gratitude to your work here and may the grace of supreme never cease to fall on you. I greet you from Poland.

As the Yogi practices a life of Yoga & austerity to know his self with honest & unbroken Brahmacharya, astral tubes that have developed through sexual relations gradually weaken. By the time the Yogi masters 'Sabija Samadhi' and becomes an Urdhvareta, most of these connections would have ceased to be and a few strong ones remain.

When the Yogi attains to the 'Divya Sharira' and enters 'Nirbija Samadhi', rapid de-materialization of these remaining tubes occurs in that state of non-dual union with the Lord. Eventually, all these connections are burnt in totem in that state of union, one's true state of being.

Hence simply persevere with sincere effort to know the self, adhering to the practices involved with complete devotion and surrender to HIM. The rest, HE takes care.

ॐ तत् सत्
(That Supreme being is the absolute truth)  

Questions concerning the practice of 'Brahmacharya' to know the self, & the means required are dealt with here.

The term 'Yoga' is a derivative of the Samskruth verb 'Yuj' which refers to union. 'Yoga', also called 'Brahma vidy‚' is the eternal dissolution of the individual 'Aham' (Ego) into the Atman (self) for 'Mukti' (liberation). Mere indulgence in '¬sana' or physical postures is not Yoga. ¬sana is only one limb or 'Anga' of Yoga. The eight limbs viz. Yama, Niyama, ¬sana, Pr‚n‚y‚ma, Praty‚h‚ra, Dh‚rana, Dhy‚na and Sam‚dhi are the means to Yoga. Brahmacharya or spiritually based continence is one of the important components of 'Yama'. 'Brahmacharya':- "Brahmani charyathey ithi" - "To surrender one's Ego and go with the will of the Almighty."

Bachelors degree in Engineering.