Celibacy/Abstinence/Male & Female energies.

Question
QUESTION: Dear Dhananjay,

Is it true unless masculine & feminine are balanced there can be no brahmacharya.What exactly does this mean practically?

My queries as below:

1)Our world today is mostly men centric,better to say the masculine has gone overboard.I want to know what advantage/power the feminine energy/females stands for & what if any role it has in brahmacharya sadhana.

2)Can souls in female bodies become urdhvaretas as they don't seem to have(if any not as much as males) voluntary control over their basic energy(that being sex energy).This seems to me an advantage(monthly cycles cause less debilitation than males uncontrolled) & disadvantage(can't take reins unto own hands).

3)What karma causes soul to be born male or female.I have heard occultists say ''A man is a woman's karma & a woman man's''.Can you point me to any scriptural validations on this.I believe this knowledge can benefit in attitude towards opposite sex.

ANSWER: 1. It is not necessary to worry about male or female energies. Correct practice of the Yogic techniques suggested will automatically harmonize the same leading to meditation which stabilizes the entire energy system.

2. When a woman becomes an Urdhvaretas, the menstrual cycle stops as there is no descent of Bindu (seed)

3. Such knowledge is not of any use. Let go of this concept of male and female and first realize your self which has no gender.

ॐ तत् सत्
(That Supreme being is the absolute truth)

QUESTION: Dear Dhananjay,

Further to your reply in point 2
--does this mean presence of menses in women indicate that mind is still not purifies & vasanas exist?

Also I have one more question
--why has it not happened that descent/incarnation of god has still not happened in human realm in female form?Why are their less female ascetics or self realized beings?

I have heard spirituality comes easy to women.But I beg to differ.
--What are things(of spiritual worth) one can learn from women which comes easily to them & what  spiritual strengths do men have naturally?

I'm just trying to reconcile my views so that I may not have a lower judgement of any of sexes on path of sadhana.

Answer
1. Menstruation in women & wet dreams in men is an indication that the 'Bindu' (seed) which flows downwards from the onset of puberty (for reproduction) is not yet reversed. Such reversal occurs only upon reaching the state of 'Urdhvaretas' (further to mastering Sabija Samadhi).

Urdhvaretas is a state in the path to self-realization and not realization itself. Vasana-s & Samskara-s are not exhausted just because the Yogi becomes an Urdhvaretas. The descent of Bindu is arrested which acts as the foundation to acquire the 'Divya Sharira' (Divine body).

2. Purusa represents consciousness while Prakriti represents creation. Creation is an offshoot of the universal consciousness which is the source. Thus creative energy does not have an independent existence by itself as it sources from the Purusa.

Creation is the manifestation of the Supreme which is beyond gender. There are numerous advanced souls among women as well. However, it is tougher for women to develop 'Vairagya' (dispassion) as their nature is largely influenced by 'Maya' (illusion). The purpose of the feminine energy in creation is to help consciousness revert to the Purusa (self) from its current identification with the Ego.

3. Bhakti (devotion) comes easily to women while Vairagya (dispassion) is difficult.

The Yogi does not require to learn anything except the methods to ward away 'Agnyana' (ignorance) through Sadhana and surrender. When this is accomplished, the Atman (pure self) alone remains which is complete knowledge and bliss by itself.

ॐ तत् सत्

Celibacy/Abstinence

Dhananjay