Celibacy/Abstinence/Meaning of this last sentence

Question
"My mind was frozen, my body in dissolution, my flesh and bones all melted together. I was wholly unconscious of what my body was resting on, or what was under my feet. I was borne this way and that on the wind, like dry chaff or leaves falling from a tree. In fact, I knew not whether the wind was riding on me or I on the wind. Now, you have not spent one whole season in your teacher's house, and yet you have lost patience two or three times already. {p. 40} Why, at this rate, the atmosphere will never support an atom of your body, and even the earth will be unequal to the weight of one of your limbs! The only way to etherealize the body being to purge the mind of its passions."

What does the last sentence means by passion? Does it means all thoughts or sexual thoughts? Thank you

Answer
'Passions' here refer to the emotions of desire, anger, greed, attachment, arrogance & jealousy. These are the foundations of the Ego which are to be destroyed through direct experience of the absolute truth. This is accomplished only when the mind is dissolved into the self devoid of all thoughts.

ॐ तत् सत्
(That Supreme being is the absolute truth)  

Celibacy/Abstinence

Dhananjay