Celibacy/Abstinence/Old beliefs

Question
Hi Dhananjay Sir,

Trust you are doing great!

First of all kindly, forgive me for You only deal with questions related to Brahmacharya and my questions are outside that context. These are general doubts which we often encounter in our daily life, i don't know how to present them but i am doing my best. I have some doubts pertaining to old believes, Cultures & Traditions which we are asked to follow and I don't think they are advisable when we purely believe in that ALMIGHTY.(Ex- Pooja's (Festivals etc), Rituals when someone expires, Astrology as such.

Questions-

1)Why are we asked to perform pooja's only this particular way. Not to eat anything before pooja, not to touch anything without bathing? Perform a special pooja to overcome this hurdle, Do this Vrat to get rid of this obstacle. Do they really work out? Please let me know your inputs.

2)What is Astrology and Vaastu's role in Man's life? Are they real or same man made? Do they have any influence on man?

3)Our elders say that when GOD Exists, Evil too exists (Evil here refers to Devils, Blackmagic as such)Is this real or a Mental Trauma?

4)Did God create these rules or Man?

I request you to kindly clarify every doubt/question as they mean a lot to me. Thanks for your precious time.

Answer
1. The general state of the common man is that of Agnyana (ignorance) as regards the nature of his self. He considers himself separate from the Almighty; considering the Ego real. There is a tendency to objectify everything and consider himself as the subject in terms of separation. This makes it not very easy to accept the reality called oneness.

Hence various rituals & practices are advised to gradually bring him on the track of God. The purpose of these activities is to bring his sense driven & indulged mind on God at least for some time every day/on certain days etc. When the Jiva spends many births in such activity, Gnyana unfolds enough to then take up worship of the formless Supreme through Yoga.

For those following an honest life of Yoga & Brahmacharya for self-realization through 'Nishkamakarma' (surrender of all actions to God without desire for the fruits), no separate religion is required. Such a mode of life to know the Atman (self) is itself the greatest religion and Dharma.

2. Astrology is the science of predicting certain future events based on the birth factors. For a correct prediction, the astrologer should be selfless and possess divine attributes. He should be a person who practices the same for the welfare of mankind as per his Dharma and not for money, name, fame etc. He should be content with what comes through destiny with his mind on the Lord all the time. He then gets the intuitive ability to decipher the future to some extent. Only then do the words of such a man bear fruit. The same applies to Vaastu.

To those who surrender to God and are ever intent on their Dharma (to realize the self), astrology or Vaastu will hold no interest; for these concern the world, body & the Ego which the Yogi considers unreal.

3. God alone exists with the real you being inseparable. There is no you (Ego), no good and no evil. When you think you exist, then good and evil also exist.

4. Everything is the Lord's creation. If you take the position of the created, then you are affected by creation. If you rest in your real state of oneness with HIM, you watch the creation as a cinema goer watches the movie on the screen without being affected. It is to make you realize your true nature of unaffected viewership, that the Lord has created this image called Samsara.

ॐ तत् सत्
(That Supreme being is the absolute truth)  

Celibacy/Abstinence

Dhananjay