Celibacy/Abstinence/Can brahmacharya help telepathy?

I mean like to influence minds or project thoughts to others as a kind of spiritual communication or telepathy. Some master of yoga and other occult traditions teach how to project thoughts from a distance, even without talking. I would like to try this to see if it's humanly possible. Is it a good idea to try this?

It is possible after a few years of unbroken/honest Brahmacharya and meditation. The quest for any 'Siddhi' (super-normal power) is however not recommendable, keeping in mind the fact that all these powers become an impediment to realize the self.

ॐ तत् सत्
(That Supreme being is the absolute truth)

Questions concerning the practice of 'Brahmacharya' to know the self, & the means required are dealt with here.

The term 'Yoga' is a derivative of the Samskruth verb 'Yuj' which refers to union. 'Yoga', also called 'Brahma vidy‚' is the eternal dissolution of the individual 'Aham' (Ego) into the Atman (self) for 'Mukti' (liberation). Mere indulgence in '¬sana' or physical postures is not Yoga. ¬sana is only one limb or 'Anga' of Yoga. The eight limbs viz. Yama, Niyama, ¬sana, Pr‚n‚y‚ma, Praty‚h‚ra, Dh‚rana, Dhy‚na and Sam‚dhi are the means to Yoga. Brahmacharya or spiritually based continence is one of the important components of 'Yama'. 'Brahmacharya':- "Brahmani charyathey ithi" - "To surrender one's Ego and go with the will of the Almighty."

Bachelors degree in Engineering.