Celibacy/Abstinence/Exercise & meditation

Namaste Prabhuji!
In your previous answers,you have suggested physical activity,intellectual activity and God meditation to channelize the excess energy conserved through Brahmacharya,otherwise it gets converted into tamasic energy.
I am experiencing the same thing,Tamasic enegy(feeling lazy,inerita,etc..)
So,my question is that
1.Can Surya Namaskar replace sports for physical activity?I don't find enough time to play sports and have no one to play with,...so can I practice Surya Namaskar instead of cricket badminton,etc...
2.If one sits in Padmasana,concentrating on his breath and repeating some mantra mentally, what actually is it?would it be right to call it meditation or is it japa?I do not have enough time to do mediation and japa both...so i will have to sacrifice either of these,which one should i give up?Meditation or japa?
Thank You prabhuji!

1. Perform a few warm up exercises (such as jogging etc.) and include a few more Asana-s along with Suryanamaskar.

2. Perform meditation as suggested in past answers.

ॐ तत् सत्
(That Supreme being is the absolute truth)

Questions concerning the practice of 'Brahmacharya' to know the self, & the means required are dealt with here.

The term 'Yoga' is a derivative of the Samskruth verb 'Yuj' which refers to union. 'Yoga', also called 'Brahma vidy‚' is the eternal dissolution of the individual 'Aham' (Ego) into the Atman (self) for 'Mukti' (liberation). Mere indulgence in '¬sana' or physical postures is not Yoga. ¬sana is only one limb or 'Anga' of Yoga. The eight limbs viz. Yama, Niyama, ¬sana, Pr‚n‚y‚ma, Praty‚h‚ra, Dh‚rana, Dhy‚na and Sam‚dhi are the means to Yoga. Brahmacharya or spiritually based continence is one of the important components of 'Yama'. 'Brahmacharya':- "Brahmani charyathey ithi" - "To surrender one's Ego and go with the will of the Almighty."

Bachelors degree in Engineering.