Celibacy/Abstinence/Maintaining purity

QUESTION: i m 21 years old. Must have masturbated over over 300 times. Me and my friends had this doubt since the advent of our adolescent but never answered or either answered incorrectly. This doubt was in relation to masturbation and the impact of its loss.

Once we asked our tuition teacher who used to teach science to us in 8th standard. She said it is fine to masturbated once or twice a week and not more than that provided one takes optimum amount of food and fruits regularly. Even our school teachers, our parents - none ever answered what the impact of loss of semen was. Maybe they themselves never knew. Thanks to your answers, finally i have realized the importance of it.

My doubts now are -
1. In this era of kalyug - where the laws of brahmacharya are unknown, how does one protect oneself. I mean i will protect my laptop putting K9. What to do for outside world - u walk on streets and those lustful thoughts erupt. If i go to markets, even one look at any young girl, causes lust to erupt. Even young girls are to blame. They wear such raunchy clothes that even one look incites our lower instincts. u go to any shop and u'll find semi-nude girls wallpapers, stickers all over. even male undergarments have semi-nude pictures of girls. So how do i purchase my essential stuff like underwear while practicing Brahmacharya ?

2. TV - any programme whether dance competition, movie even news nowadays are all loaded with nudity. What to do then ? how to help myself.

3. i am an admirer of sports. but have a problem with women in any sports. I would share the same with u and hope to get ur view on it. Nowadays, be it lawn-tennis, table-tennis, badminton, swimming - any sport - in which women participate -they are required to wear short, tight fitting clothes. now according to brahmacharya laws this should be avoided. So does this mean that it is wrong for women to wear shorts and tight fitting clothes for sports. The reply from their side would be it provides space to move, is comfortable. What other alternate clothing could women wear to facilitate their playing ? We can't expect a woman to wear kurta pyjamas in swimming, she's got to wear bikini. But then as per laws of brahmacharya nudity should be totally shunned whereas as per laws of this kalyugi world - women swimming is an international prestigious event. So who is correct here ? What to do ?

Personlly speaking, i love my sisters and their doing doing exercise to remain healthy, but it is also true that if they wear a short, it causes an erection on constant look. Now my sister who is of 21 years wants to join swimming. Seeing her swim causes erection. But i have to daily drop and take her . What to do then ? Is swimming altogether wrong as a sport just as badminton, lawn-tennis. Should women wear full clothes in these sporting events ?
what is the TRUTH ?

I have taken a vow of Akandha Brahmacharya but since m a karmayogi i can't restrain from m duties. But performing these duties which are intermingled with lust, i lose my brahmacharya state - what to do then ?
Having masturbated over 300 times, watched all sorts of porn though never had real sex, i realize that there is no happiness in these. It is only momentary joy. Later a feeling of guilt, physical and mental weakness result. So, i want to remain a Brahmachari now - but given above problems how to fully achieve it in this kalyugi world ?

Kindly Help me. You have shown me the light. Be kind enough to show the way to it.

Om Shanti

ANSWER: 1. When the mind is held within the Atman (self), nothing bothers the Brahmachari. This is achieved through the tenets of Yoga and meditation. Hence meditate on the self with surrender to God. Wear a 'Langot' as explained in previous answers. It is very beneficial for those aspiring cent percent Brahmacharya.

2. One should cut down on watching material which excites the mind during the initial few years. Then, after much advancement one never feels the need for television and is not affected even if viewed.

3. The laws of Brahmacharya only ask you to merge your mind into your self. What women wear or do is not your concern. Be true to your objective and let go of other things. This is the only way to succeed. Such problems arise only when the aspirant thinks more about women and their wardrobe instead of being centered to his own Atman (self) and Sadhana (practice).

4. It is not swimming which is wrong but one's perspective which needs correction. Hence persevere in the said methods of Yoga with surrender to the Lord. Things will stabilize after a few years of stringent practice.

5. You cannot forsake any of your duties. This world is HIS show and he will not allow anyone to deviate from the script. Hence carry on in the path shown by destiny, playing your part as an actor does on stage, internally calm, yet externally displaying various emotions, all the time centered in the self.

The way has already been shown. Go through the past answers thoroughly. Each and every answer should be slowly read and the essence absorbed and applied in practice. This is the first help you should do for yourself.

ॐ तत् सत्
(That Supreme being is the absolute truth)

QUESTION: Thank you very much sir for your replies. I was a bit unconvinced about 3rd question. To rephrase it, what i meant was -
You have mentioned during initial years of Brahmacharya, one should maintain complete aloofness from things which excite one's lower instincts. So, in these initial years i should shun all activities which incites lust in me - whether it is women swimming or women lawn-tennis or young girls wearing raunchy clothes on streets, or semi-nude pics of girls on posters, etc. And once kundalini rises i can relax a bit and then enjoy women sports. Is this what you are trying to put across ?

Thank You

Sometimes, life circumstances are such that they may not appear conducive to the practice of Brahmacharya. While the Brahmachari tries his best to avoid such situations, there could be those which are unavoidable.

At times like that, one has to take this as a test from destiny and win through the situation by keeping the mind centered in the self and reminding himself of the unreal nature of the world and the human body which appears beautiful at youth but is always nothing more than a pot of flesh prone to decay.

When this concept is kept alive, the formless Lord whose power shines as beauty alone will be seen and the body of a woman discounted.

ॐ तत् सत्

Questions concerning the practice of 'Brahmacharya' to know the self, & the means required are dealt with here.

The term 'Yoga' is a derivative of the Samskruth verb 'Yuj' which refers to union. 'Yoga', also called 'Brahma vidy‚' is the eternal dissolution of the individual 'Aham' (Ego) into the Atman (self) for 'Mukti' (liberation). Mere indulgence in '¬sana' or physical postures is not Yoga. ¬sana is only one limb or 'Anga' of Yoga. The eight limbs viz. Yama, Niyama, ¬sana, Pr‚n‚y‚ma, Praty‚h‚ra, Dh‚rana, Dhy‚na and Sam‚dhi are the means to Yoga. Brahmacharya or spiritually based continence is one of the important components of 'Yama'. 'Brahmacharya':- "Brahmani charyathey ithi" - "To surrender one's Ego and go with the will of the Almighty."

Bachelors degree in Engineering.