Celibacy/Abstinence/Recovering from drugs

Question
Dear Dhananjay,

I have had drug problems (weed and steroids) since the age of 17 on and off to the present age of 23 I have also had porn addiction which I have been fighting for over a year and has gotten a lot better with the help of this website and other sources. I stop smoking weed 3 years ago however I replaced this drug with steroids which I am now currently in the recovery stage as I recently went to hospital due to leg infection. I am a good person with a conscience who suffers from inferiority complex who feels the need to use drugs as an escape but I have realised one must be natural to feel love and happiness. I am grateful to have the love of my family who have helped me realise the error of my ways. The steroids made celibacy 10x harder for me as the thoughts of sex were magnified along with psychosis. I also found that when I did not ejaculate for around 7 days whilst on steroids when I finally did all these bad emotions all released at once leading to suicidal thoughts and tears. I just want to ask you how brahmacharya should be used, how does it relate to light power and also I wanted to know is this the source of good power people have who are highly gifted wether that being extremely smart or extremely atheletic? Can bad people have this such as hitler?

Hope to hear from you
Would much appreciate it

Joseph

Answer
1. To experience your true self is Brahmacharya. Sexual abstinence and transmutation of the energy so retained is the means. To completely identify consciousness with the Atman (pure self) forever is the objective, achieving which one rests in his true state of being.

To practice Brahmacharya, one should transmute energy towards it, else the energy finds a less worthy outlet. The tenets of Yoga which have been discussed in past answers are one of the effective means for the same. With such practice, you will eventually identify with your true self which is of the nature of bliss, peace, knowledge, love & purity.

2. All power comes from the Atman (pure self) alone which is an indivisible part of the Supreme power called God. There is no other source of power or energy. Hence all good has nothing but the Atman as its source. The very same energy when colored through 'Agnyana' (ignorance) manifests as what people call 'bad'. In reality, there is neither good, nor bad but only pure consciousness, beyond both these. Good and bad are the illusions experienced by the Ego and do not exist in reality. To get over this illusion and reside in that state of one's true being is the objective of your birth.

ॐ तत् सत्
(That Supreme being is the absolute truth)  

Celibacy/Abstinence

Dhananjay