Celibacy/Abstinence/Sacrifice vs Self-realization

Dear Dhananjay,

Pls guide me in predicament below.

Suppose a dear friend's health is in a very bad situation & he needs an organ donor badly.In such a situation what am I supposed to do.If I donate to him my body wion't be in a condition to follow tenets of yoga for self realization.If I don't I feel guilt of selfishness.

I have heard self realization if foremost duty of a human.Then in such cases why do I feel selfish or think yogi's too are selfish prioritizing their self realization first.

At other times I feel people are suffering their karma why to intercede in their life lessons.

Kindly help this guilt isn't allowing me to continue my sadhana in full vigour.

Your Dharma (duty) is to realize your self first. Wrong concepts flower in one's mind due to lack of awareness of his own identity. Hence first know who you are.

That which is in the course of destiny transpires whether one wants it or doesn't. Everything occurs only by the will of the higher power that runs the show. Hence perform your Dharma and leave other things to the Supreme. If donating a part of one's body to another is in the course of his/her destiny, then that too will occur. It is not in your purview to decide for or against.

ॐ तत् सत्
(That Supreme being is the absolute truth)  

Questions concerning the practice of 'Brahmacharya' to know the self, & the means required are dealt with here.

The term 'Yoga' is a derivative of the Samskruth verb 'Yuj' which refers to union. 'Yoga', also called 'Brahma vidy‚' is the eternal dissolution of the individual 'Aham' (Ego) into the Atman (self) for 'Mukti' (liberation). Mere indulgence in '¬sana' or physical postures is not Yoga. ¬sana is only one limb or 'Anga' of Yoga. The eight limbs viz. Yama, Niyama, ¬sana, Pr‚n‚y‚ma, Praty‚h‚ra, Dh‚rana, Dhy‚na and Sam‚dhi are the means to Yoga. Brahmacharya or spiritually based continence is one of the important components of 'Yama'. 'Brahmacharya':- "Brahmani charyathey ithi" - "To surrender one's Ego and go with the will of the Almighty."

Bachelors degree in Engineering.